Update:

Nicholas finished treatment on 11/18/2010. He will continue to go for blood work for the next 3 years. He is still in remission.

Monday, November 30, 2009

Nick at clinic

Hello Everyone,
The Thanksgiving Holiday is over and how quickly it went by. It is never a dull moment in the Shannon household. I ended up getting sick most of the weekend. I am pretty sure it was the swine flu, due to the symptoms I had, but I can not confirm this. We are fortunate Nick and the boys were able to receive their first shot of H1N1 and I am even thinking Nick could of had a mild form of this virus last week and past it onto me. We will never know but it's definitely frustrating trying to spend a weekend with your family and enjoying time off and then get sick on top of it. I think I am through the worst and now Greg is sick today. I really hoping Tom & Colby do not catch it, but not sure how we stop that.
Nick is great and asked to have Papa (Boston) take him to clinic today. We were able to make that happen and Grammy came over to help out. His counts were good. His White blood cells still low, at 2.4, but all other counts are normal. The boys had no school today, so hopefully we will be back on track tomorrow with school and daycare. Not to much else going on. We are planning on getting the Christmas stuff out this week, but we will have to see how everyone is feeling. Take care, Karen
PS. We would love to hear from anyone who is reading this blog. There are just some days when I do not feel like writing, but keep thinking people would like to know what is going on. I try my best to keep everyone updated with family events but not really sure if it helps.

7 comments:

ACT said...

Dear Karen, Greg and three little guys :),
I check out Nick's blog everyday hoping to see updates. I have been "onboard" since I received the first email the Roy relatives circulated "Patsy's grandson has been diagnosed with leukemia."

I am not an acquaintance of your family and therefore do not frequently post comments, but never let that be an indication of the impact your story has on me. The pain, the fear, the courage, the milestones, the joys .... the complete gammit of emotions that have been a part of this voyage.

I remember one of your postings had a link to another child's blog .. which lead to another ... and another. I spent hours pouring over the stories of brave children and their families ... each story different ... some with happy endings, some not. There were many tears streaming down my cheeks that day ... The fact that I knew none of the people I read about did not shield me from the raw emotion that welled up inside. It was your post that opened that door for me ...

Your dedication to writing has brought me on a journey I myself have never traveled, but please know that my life is all the more richer because everyday, sitting on my sofa, through the eyes of my laptop, I am in some small way welcomed into your family and your daily life.

So to answer your question ... YES ~ I am out here, in silence, hanging on to your every word as your family's miraculous story unravels.

Thank you ... your time and efforts are most appreciated.
And the photos have been a wonderful addition ~ they color and bring more reality to your words.
Take care
Andrea

Brett said...

I can never remember my password that is the only reason I don't post comments more frequently. I love being able to catch up and find out how icholas is doing without having to call you all the time. I figure you must be tired to saying what is going on over and over so I read to keep up. My kids love seing the pictures. keep up the update is my vote, but only if it is not too much of a burden on you. You are busy enough.

auntie michele said...

I hope everyone is feeling better. I think we have spread the "sickness" around. Rachel did have her H1N1 shot but I sent her back to Cali not feeling all that great. I do read your blog everyday and have posted the website numerous times for other ppl to read. It is very understandable wen you have writers block or just nothing new to post, but I do check everyday and look forward to whatever the update is.
lots of love to all!

Nana and Papa Charlie said...

Karen,
I read the blog as well as all the comments daily. The comment from Andrea was ever so heart warming. To think that someone who is not close to our family could feel as much as she does is wonderful.

My vote is yes keep the updates coming. Love, Therese

Miss. Beth said...

Dear Karen and Greg.
I have to tell you I log onto this site every day to check on Nicholas. I love to hear your stories about Colby and Tommy as well. I think of Nicholas at least once a day and wonder how he is feeling. Your family will always be in my prayers.
Love,Ms. Beth

Deb said...

Hi Karen and Greg,
I check in to read your blog every couple days. I have never left a comment, mainly because I did not have an account to do so until now, I signed up b/c I want you to know I do read it and love to see Nick's progress.
I hope everyone is feeling better and getting over the flu, and wishing you all a wonderful and healthy holiday season.
Karen, I'd love to meet up for dinner sometime very soon if you have the time.
Love,
Deb

PleaseRecycle said...

I check your blog regularly to see how Nick and your family are doing.

I found out that Mollie's site has only a few comments, but lots of readers. I use a free service from statcounter.com. It's really easy and you can see how many hits your web page is getting. Let me know if you need help installing the html code. I never get any spam from them...

Glad all is going well with the kids. Matt and I are in the same predicament- we're sick, but the girls are great. Hope you feel back to 100% soon!

Sarah King (Mollie's mom)