Update:

Nicholas finished treatment on 11/18/2010. He will continue to go for blood work for the next 3 years. He is still in remission.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I can definitely state steroids were okay physically this week but not as much mentally. It is just one of the side effects we are worried about, his emotional state. He was feeling great by Mondy. We had a busy weekend with the boys…. I know you have heard this before, we like to stay busy and enjoy our time with family and friends. The boys ended their last day of school on Friday and it was off to see Toy Story 3 in 3D with Michael and Maggie. They loved the movie and I think Debbie and I enjoyed being inside in the AC, it was hot that day. Saturday was Colby’s baseball pool party at his coaches house. I brought Nick with me so he could play with his buddy Brady. Nick was so excited to go, but then decided he did not want to swim when we arrived and he would feel more comfortable going to Owen’s Bday party at the Kenshu Karate. I guess it was a good decision for all of us because he had a blast and was exhausted by the time he got home. He started to feel pain by late Saturday and of course slept with Mommy that night. We decided to go to the beach on Sunday for Father’s Day. Nick was excited to go (sound familiar) but once we got there he kept asking us ‘why are we at the beach so early in the morning, we should come later in the afternoon’. I had given him a Tylenol w/cod before we left and I think the medicine was catching up to him. Luckily he slept for an hour under the towel and woke up as our NICHOLAS. He was so happy, but decided it would be best to eat 2 hotdogs instead of swimming in the water. Colby and Tom loved the water and really had a good time together. Colby is our fish in water and Tom just follows the FUN.
I took Nick and Colby to clinic today. Colby was actually shy at first with everyone and was hesitant to see Nick’s port get accessed. (sometimes I need to take a step back and understand his feelings and what he must be thinking. I have grown so accustomed to it, like second nature). Colby is growing up and we are proud of the strides he has made with our journey and the adjustments we have made at home.
Nick’s counts were high, which we have not seen in a while. They are high because of the steroids (it can give a false read, but still okay):
WBC: 12.3
Red Blood Cells & Platelets: Normal
APC: 9,000

I believe the doctor will decide to increase his 6MP and Methotrexate starting the next cycle.

Happy Father’s Day to the most wonderful Father’s, husbands I know. My husband, my dad (Papa Boston), and Papa Charlie. We love the strength of our family has shown and continues to stay strong. Karen

Sorry for the quick update, I am in Penn. on business this week and just got online. I am traveling again next week, so Greg is holding the fort down.

No comments: