Update:

Nicholas finished treatment on 11/18/2010. He will continue to go for blood work for the next 3 years. He is still in remission.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Childhood Cancer Awareness Month

Although we see great strides in Nicholas and how he is thriving right now, there are many kids not as lucky as him. I still read many blogs about families going through cancer and my heart sinks everytime you learn one child did not make it. I feel like the one sitting back and not helping right now. Hopefully by spreading the word about childhood cancer I can help in some way.

Did you know?
•More than 12,500 young people are diagnosed with cancer every year.
•Each year 2,300 children and teenagers die from cancer.
•36 children a day are diagnosed with cancer.
•1 in 4 elementary schools has a child with cancer.
•1 in every 330 Americans will develop cancer before the age of 20.
•Cancer is the leading cause of death by disease in children under the age of 15.
•The causes of most childhood cancers are unknown.
•Childhood cancer occurs regularly, randomly, and spares no ethnic group, socioeconomic class, or geographic region.
•In the United States, the incidence of cancer amoung adolescents and young adults is increasing at a greater rate than any other age group, except those over 65.
•Although cure rates have increased to 80% from 35% over the last twenty years, childhood cancer is vastly under funded


The Littlest Soldiers

The medals on our chests
Are port-a-caths for meds
Helmets won’t stay on
Cause no hair is on our heads.

Our weapons of destruction
We take every day
We fight the battle within us
While we struggle on to play.

We fight with honor and courage
No marine could do as well
We are only little children
Living in this hell.

So bring on the medals
The Purple Hearts of Wars
The Gold Cross, The Silver Star
To place upon our scars.

For We are the Children of Cancer
No one has fought so hard
But every day we struggle on
Our LIFE is our reward

~author unknown

1 comment:

pamela drews said...

I’m giving a testimony about Dr. KOKOBI the great Herbalist, he has the
cure to all manner of diseases, he cured my  breast cancer, though I
went through different website I saw different testimonies about
different spell casters and herbalist, I was like: ‘Many people have
the breast cancer remedy, So why are people still suffering from it?’ I thought of
it, then I decided to contact kokobiherbalremedycentre@gmail.com , I didn’t believe him that
much, I just wanted to give him a try, he replied my mail and Needed
some Information about me, then I sent them to him, he prepared it
(CURE) and sent it to Airfreight Online Courier Service for delivery,
he gave my details to the Courier Office, they told me that 3-5 days I
will receive the package and i took the medicine as prescribed by him
and I went for check-up 1 week after finishing the medicine, I was
tested breast cancer negative, if you are breast cancer patient or any cancer patient at all. Do me
a favour for you to contact him and I will try my possible best to make
sure you get cured, when you contact him, make sure you tell him that
I referenced you.. contact him via: kokobiherbalremedycentre@gmail.com You can also message him on whatsapp +254746618873 and for more info message me @ pamela.drews77@gmail.com