Update:

Nicholas finished treatment on 11/18/2010. He will continue to go for blood work for the next 3 years. He is still in remission.

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Nick went to School!

Well we finally were able to send Nick to school today. We were very hesitant at first, but what are we to do. He is still a 4 year old boy. When I dropped him off this morning he was so excited, I was scared! We walked in and instantly one of Nick's great buddies jumped up and screamed in excitement. If you could have seen the look on Nick's face. He was so happy. Nick does not seem to care about what he looks like. He took his hat off and some of the kids were pointing and talking about the lack of hair on his head. He just stated, "I've lost all my hair because of the medicine I am taking". No big deal and the kids accepted that and though no big deal. Within 5 minutes he was just like all the rest playing and enjoying his morning. As I left I said goodbye...Nick didn't really care, "Bye dad" is all he said. Grammy picked him up at 11 this morning and I understand from talking with Karen that he had a great day. Only once did he complain that the kids were to loud (there has been some indication that the chemo will affect the ear drums). Not sure that is the case or if it was a little overwhelming at points. Either way we are ecstatic that the day went so well, now we will wait and see if he catches anything.

Bob from "The Gang from Maine" take care and we are praying for you!!

No comments: