Update:

Nicholas finished treatment on 11/18/2010. He will continue to go for blood work for the next 3 years. He is still in remission.

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Feeling Much Better

Nick is feeling much better. He rested all day Monday and was up early Tuesday and ready for school. We are understanding now what a virus can do to his system and how quickly he can change from running around to a quick fever. It is a constant worry and I think he gets tired of us always checking his temp. As I mentioned, I think we are going to have a long winter, but we will take it in strides and do our best to have fun.
I was hoping to have my Christmas cards sent out this year and of course I could never get the 3 boys together for a picture. I tried a couple of times and it just did not work out. Things have been very busy between clinic, ER visits and Greg & I both catching a bug. I will be posting my Christmas letter (something I like to do every year) on this blog site next week, so stay tuned. We are so thankful to have Christmas back at our house this year. I can think back to last year and Nick was so tired and not feeling well. We went over Auntie Lisa's house for a quick visit with the family and open some presents and then came right back home. This year, we will be at home and thinking we will have around 35 people to celebrate the day with us. Karen

1 comment:

Jean said...

Let's hope 2010 brings good health to everyone in the Shannon family. We seem to be germ free here in New York so far, I think we will stay here for the winter and visit everyone in the spring. Have a nice Christmas. Uncle Willie is making Turkey and Prime Rib yum yum, I almost had to pay him for an invite. Stay healthy.... Jean