Update:

Nicholas finished treatment on 11/18/2010. He will continue to go for blood work for the next 3 years. He is still in remission.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Clinc today and a quick look back at the weekend

Hi all,
Nick did great at clinic today. His counts were good.
WBC: 4.3
HGB: 10.0
PLTS: 275
APC: 2200
He did not get another IVIG infusion as we thought...It is next week. I guess since he seems to be feeling better since we had our first IVIG we were ready for more. Another interesting note about the week was that Nick has not complained about any pain! Yehaaa! You are always holding your breath that last day of steroids wondering, when is it going to come. Maybe there is something to be said about your mental state that can block pain. If you read Karen's last blog you know where I am going with this. Yes, the Hole in the Wall Gang Camp was awesome. Awesome for me, awesome for Karen. She and I climbed the rock tower and then leaped off down the 350 ft. zip line. No big deal, for Karen that is. She is fearless. Me not a big heights guy, but I am quite proud of myself. Oh wait this is about the boys! Tom really was absolutely the most perfect almost 2 yr. old you have ever seen. I don't think he cried all weekend. That must have something to do with our "Family Pals" Beth and Sadie. Beth is the same incredible woman who we had the pleasure of leaving Tom with last year. Sadie is new to The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp but not new to the family. She has spent time at the Painted Turtle in California. Nick had a bit of hard time as is expected being on Steroids but he had is "flashes of brialiance moments" like at Mother's Day breakfast ( a big deal at Camp) he was one of only 2 kids who got up in front of everyone put the mic in his hand and wowed the crowd with his off the cuff ellegant praise of his mother. He was beautiful. I now come to Colby. What can I say about how incredible this place is for Colby. Karen said it perfectly, "Colby is made for Camp". He went from crying about Mom having to do the "Bushy tail" dance (who knows why) to being a star at stage night when he did a Karate display that ended with him breaking a board in half and I tell you it was cool! He thrives at this place, I guess everybody does. Sorry for the rambling, I hope that Karen follows this up and makes some more sense. It will take a while to come down but we will bask in it as long as we can.
Take Care,
Greg

2 comments:

Nana and Papa Charlie said...

Greg, You afraid of heights, do you remember when we took you to the top of the Prudential Building and you literally drop to the floor and crawled over to the window as white as a sheet. But when we went to the Grand Canyon you and Lisa scared the dickens out of me when you went near the edge.

Karen and Greg, I am so glad that you had this opportunity again to experience the Hole in the Wall Gang Camp with your 3 boys.

Love, Nana and Papa Charlie

auntie michele said...

I am so glad that you had a wonderful time... and Greg your story telling was fabulous and brought tears to my eyes...

hope that Nick is feeling better.