Friday, May 14, 2010
The plan is to have Nick discharged around 4:30pm this afternoon. He will still be on antibiotics for a week. The doctor did see a 'tiny' spot on his chest xray from Wed., so as a precaution we will start zithromax. His counts are a little better today:
RBC: 7.9 (dropped but they do not believe he needs a transfusion)
ANC: around 200 - still waiting on the hand count
He is still neutropenic (under 500 for ANC) but the doctor believes it is just a virus and needs to run its course. Nick looks great and was running around the play room last night. Greg said he feels great today and of course wants to come home. If he does come home tonight we will be staying close to the house for the weekend and letting Nick rest. I will update later once I hear back from Greg on the final decision. Karen
Quick picture of Megan and Nick yesterday playing on the bed. Nick was proud to show Megan his port and how it works. Megan was a little scared of everything going on but then she warmed right up.